Go Back   Nepal.com Discussion Forum > The Royal Family > Tributes

Notices

Fond Memories Of Mike

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th June 2008, 03:06

Fond Memories Of Mike

Every Expat in Nepal knew the kind hearted Mike and his famous Mike's Breakfast at Naxal in Kathmandu.
Mike came to Nepal when he was still a young chap. He worked for the PEACE CORPS in Dhankuta in East Nepal. There it was when he fell in Love with the county and its people. Mike never left and spend all the rest of his life in Nepal.
His last years he spend in Pokhara and running a garden restaurant at Lake Side.
I med him very often during all the years. He was gentle and his interest in fusing local cuisine with Mexican food was one of his dedications.
He also published a nice booklet about his experiments with food under the name "Mikes breakfast"...that is very informative and poetic. By presenting his knowledge about Nepalese food he also tells his entire life story in humble words and rather shy!
Mike is gone...he was 62 if I remember it correctly...he died after years of suffering from colon cancer while I was in Kathmandu to renew my 5-year business visa.

He is missed by a large crowd of friends. May he rest in peace and be reborn as a great Nepalese kitchen-poet!
Old 6th August 2011, 19:11

A Heartfelt condolence to mike - may his soul remains peace.